- This Cookie Statement was last updated on the 2nd of June 2021.
2. About cookies
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- Without these Cookies, you may not be able to experience all the functionalities of our website. Moreover, we may be unable to fulfill your requests.
- These Cookies enable us to provide and/or adjust the functionalities. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we use to deliver information and experiences based on your needs. Examples of these enhanced functionality and personalization include:
- Providing more relevant experiences on our website;
- Understanding your interests so we can provide you with more relevant content;
- Measuring your use of our applications to improve them and your experience with them.
3. Cookies that we use
4. Cookies used by our service providers
- We use Social Media Cookies, such as LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, and others. These cookies are set by the social platforms themselves. We have added them to the site to let you share our content. They can track your browser across other sites and learn about your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit.
- We use Advertising Cookies, such as Google Ads, LinkedIn Ads, and others. Our advertising partners are the ones who set up these cookies. They may be used to build a profile based on your interests to show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store personal data but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device.
2 years Used to distinguish users.
24 hours Used to distinguish users.
1 minutes Used to throttle request rate.
- We use Google Ads to promote our offers using advertising materials on external websites. We want to provide you with relevant content to make our website more interesting for you.
- Besides Google Ads, we use Google Remarketing to further provide you with relevant content after you leave our website. This happens because Google stores cookies in your browser. As such, Google can determine your previous visit to our website. Moreover, Google does not merge the data collected through remarketing with your personal data. According to Google, pseudonymization is used for remarketing in particular.
- We use Hotjar to better understand the users’ needs and to optimize the experience on our website. Hotjar is generally used to see how much time users spend on certain pages, which links they choose to access, what they liked and did not like. Thus, the users’ feedback is very important to us.
5. Managing cookies
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en ;
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences ;
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ ;
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies ;
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411; and
- Edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy .
- Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
- If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
6. Our details
- This website is owned and operated by BuildSoft.
- We are registered in Belgium under registration number BE 0439 002 796, and our registered office is at Hundelgemsesteenweg 244-1, 9820 Merelbeke.
- Our principal place of business is at Hundelgemsesteenweg 244-1, 9820 Merelbeke.
- You can contact us:
- by post, to the postal address given above;
- by telephone, on the contact number published on our website; or
- by email, using the email address published on our website